Providing Authentic Programs and Experiences through Partnerships
Date and Time: Thursday, April 1, 2010 at 3pm EST.
- Watch the Webinar
Description: This workshop explored ways to help people make personal connections to public lands through workshops, seminars, field experiences, community and school-based educational programs. Participants learn how to identify and program for different audiences and age levels, market programs to captivate public interest, and develop resources for sustaining programs.
APPL Training Corps Leaders:
Carol Cole: Carol Cole is the Partnership and Outreach Program Coordinator for the Sawtooth National Recreation Area in Idaho. Over the past 20+ years she has worked with various agencies in interpretation, environmental education, and partnerships. In her current position with the US Forest Service she has worked on several regional and national projects related to partnerships and interpretation.
Savannah Boiano: Savannah Boiano is the Sequoia Field Institutes Education Director with the Sequoia Natural History Association. She has been a naturalist in Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks and has had several years of experience running an environmental and outdoor education program for a school district in California. In addition to her background as a naturalist and educator, she has worked as a backcountry naturalist-guide.
- North American Association for Environmental Education – EE-Link. EE-Link is 5,400 links organized in 300 categories. Browse or search for resources for professional development, lesson plans, events, and more.
- Forest Service Conservation Education. Clearinghouse of conservation education resources and an overviews of Forest Service programs.
- Book: Interpreting Our Heritage, Freeman Tilden; University of North Carolina Press.
- Book: Environmental Interpretation: A Practical Guide for People with Big Ideas and Small Budgets, Sam H. Ham; North American Press.
- National Park Service - Interpretive Development Program Curriculum.
- National Association for Interpretation. Professional organization dedicated to advancing the profession of heritage interpretation, serving about 5,000 members in the United States, Canada, and over thirty other nations.
- Be Outside: Idaho Children in Nature